Team X-Raid and the new MINI John Cooper Works Rally are ready for Dakar. The three car team will take on the nearly 9,000km race through South America. The event begins in Asunción, Paraguay and finishes 12 stages later in Buenos Aires.
MINI John Cooper Works Rally
- Mikko Hirvonen (FIN), took fourth place overall in the 2016 Dakar. He races again with co-pilot Michel Périn (FRA).
- 3-Time Baja 500 winner Bryce Menzies (USA) will attempt his firs Dakar Rally with co-driver and fellow American Peter Mortensen.
- Yazeed Al-Rajhi (KSA) and Timo Gottschalk (GER) bring their experience from FIA Cross Country series where the recently finished 4th in their season.
MINI All4 Racing
Five additional teams will participate under the MINI label in the previous generation racer.
- Orlando Terranova (ARG) Andreas Schulz (GER)
- Jakub Przygonski (POL) Tom Colsoul (BEL)
- Boris Garafulic (CHL) Filipe Palmeiro (POR)
- Mohamed Abu Issa (QAT) Xavier Panseri (FRA)
- Stephan Schott (GER) (tba)
That MINI Show is excited to cover the Dakar Rally, and will have daily updates on all the MINI action as it becomes available. Racing starts on January 2, 2017 and continues through the 14th. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.